Thursday, December 10, 2009

2009 in Review
blogwise, that is

Yesterday I blogged about keywords that led people here in 2009 to my humble little scribblings about what people know.  Today, it's geography day.

And the #1 country is ... see the list below.  No real surprises.

Visits to What People Know
  1. U.S.
  2. Canada
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Australia
  5. India
  6. Singapore
  7. Malaysia
  8. Germany
  9. Netherlands
  10. Spain
Damn, and I thought I was like Jerry Lewis, crazy popular in France.  But of 77 countries from which people visited my humble blog, France comes in #54.  Well, that's kinda misleading since Google Analytics doesn't account for ties, it just ranks them first by number of visits and then alphabetically.  In other words, while I wonder whether there really is an Internet in France, it's higher than #54.

Of the U.S. visits, most obviously came from Georgia.  Probably by me.  California, Florida, and New York follow -- no doubt due to large populations and not because of some deep interest in what I have to say.  All states were represented, even obscure ones that I doubt really exist, like Delaware.

I had 22 visits in 2009 from my home state of Tennessee but not a one from my hometown of Lawrenceburg (better info here).  And I think there's Internet in L'burg.  But I could be wrong.

2 comments:

bethany said...

I also doubt the existence of Delaware.

Hollander said...

Heck, I've never even met anyone who claims they're from Delaware. I also doubted for years the existence of Rhode Island, but a few years back I met someone who grew up there. Or at least she says she grew up there.