Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sean Hannity and Google Earth

I love listening to Sean Hannity's radio program.  You learn so much.  This past week, for instance, Mr. Specificity told us about a city was using Google Earth to find swimming pools built in backyards without a permit. 

Somehow Hannity found this illegal building of pools perfectly legitimate.  It's okay to break the law, he reasoned, but not okay for Big Brother to be peeking into your backyard from an Internet site that -- c'mon -- anyone can use.  But the best part?  People can also use Google Earth to see you sunbathing at the pool.  Yup, that's what he said.

I dunno about you, but my Google Earth is nowhere near that clear.  I can see my roof, a bit of my yard, but after that everything is pixilated beyond repair.  If you could see girls sunbathing behind their house, don't you think I would have already discovered it?

Hannity, Mr. Internet.  If what people know about the Internet comes from this guy, we're in big trouble.

No comments: