Tuesday, November 6, 2012

There's an Election Today

I'm sure you've noticed there's an election today.  I voted early.  Strolled downtown on a warm, sunny morning, voted in five minutes, then had lunch somewhere other than the usual places near my building.

Today it's chilly, rainy.  Grey.  (notice I used the "e" and not the "a" because I think it looks cooler)

But I'm wearing my "I'm a Georgia Voter" sticker today so people think I suffered the long lines and the weather and the grey (with an "e") skies.

So, what's my prediction?  Hell, even college kids are writing prediction columns in the Red & Black and I can tell from reading them they don't really know what they're talking about.  Why should I provide more hot (though more informed) air?  If you want predictions, my favorites are the nerds and geeks:  538 or Princeton Election Consortium.  Nate Silver and Sam Wang are terrific number crunchers using somewhat different methods and models to come to the same conclusion -- Obama wins, probably with as many as 310 electoral votes.  There are a couple of other really good ones out there, but you can find them on your own.

1 comment:

Andrea G said...

Or you could go with one of the most accurate predictors of all time: the Scholastic Student Vote http://magazines.scholastic.com/election-2012/breaking-news/2012/10/Students-Pick-Obama