Friday, January 4, 2013

Blog Stats for 2012

Normally by now I would have published the blog's stats for the year (number of pageviews, number of countries represented, etc.).  For some reason, Google Analytics has crapped out on me and the usual Google Stats that come with the blog will not break it down by specific dates, such as Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.  In other words, I'm screwed.

But, it was a busy year.  How can I tell?  Because if I look at the blog's stats since it begain in May 2008, the top five posts of all time were in 2012, at least in terms of pageviews.  They were:
  1. 8/16 post about The Red & Black protest by student editors, 4,456 pageviews.
  2. 8/17 post about The Red & Black, 2,640 pageviews.
  3. 8/17 yet another post about, yes, the R&B, with 1,557 pageviews.
  4. Getting a trend here?  Next is an 8/18 post about, yes, that topic, with 657 pageviews.
  5. And finally, on 8/21, a wrap-up about the R&B with 616 pageviews.
Too bad I don't make money off my blog.  Woulda been a good year.  



No comments: