Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fox News: Career Maker

Talk radio got me tenure. I published lots of studies in the 1990s about its influence, made a small name for myself in that narrow field.

Fox News, it's ripe for the plucking.

I sent off a piece today that features exposure to Fox in a complicated matter of trust in government and perceptions of the election outcome. Simply put, supporters of Romney in 2012 were of course more likely to predict he'd win the election. Supporters who also watched Fox News -- even more so. By a significant margin.

And here's a recent study in Public Opinion Quarterly that also finds Fox is a special case among media. From the abstract:
Fox News viewers are particularly likely to support voter ID laws, though no other forms of media use are significantly related to support. 
So it's time I devoted all my attention to Fox studies. Seems ya can't go wrong.

No comments: