Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Talk Radio -- The Academic Gift That Keeps on Giving

I was lucky enough in the 1990s to stumble onto talk radio as a research area, making me among the first to publish extensively on who listened to such programs and with what consequences. Hell, Rush Limbaugh helped me get tenure.Talk radio is the academic gift that keeps on giving. At least in terms of citations. I did a search today of recent studies on talk radio that also cite me. Some of my favorites:
  • Review of Education, Pedagogy, and Cultural Studies. I don't know this journal, but this article includes cites of my stuff.
  • A book, The Talking Cure: TV Talk Shows and Women, apparently cites me, and I'm fairly certain I'm not the cure.
  • A couple of different Mass Comm & Society articles, a major journal in our field, cite my stuff. Always nice, especially as I've never actually been able to get published there myself.
  •  

No comments: